Cyprus Job Market
Established in 1988, Global Maritime Consultants Group provides expert technical, legal, training and management consultancy for diverse stakeholders in the shipping and offshore sectors. With offices and agents in over 100 cities and ports around the world, we serve national and international clients from ship builders, owners, agents and seafarers, to offshore operators, to bankers, underwriters and lawyers with an extensive portfolio of professional maritime services.
GMCG Ltd, a leading company in the Maritime Industry is looking to recruit a competent Assistant Shipping Officer to join the office in Limassol. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head of the Operations for all aspects, being an integral part of our team. This position would suit a motivated and hardworking individual.
- Responding clients emails pertaining to their Maritime needs and any other enquiries.
- Handling all aspects of provisional, permanent, and post-registration issues related to vessels.
- Processing and monitoring all Seafarers Crew Certification Enquiries and keeping excellent records.
- Handling, Monitoring and processing all offshore formation requests.
- Keeping in connection with Flag Administrations, Centres and Institutions and assisting with all requirements.
- Handling, processing, and update Company’s as well as Flag Administrations databases
- Review and improve existing company’s procedures.
- Keeping excellent records of all vessels and seafarers documentation; Monitor that all vessels / seafarers have valid documents and advise clients of expired certificates and process renewals in time.
- Well versed with all IMO Conventions and Ship Legislations and being continuously updated with.
- Arrange monthly and weekly reporting
- Diploma or BS or equivalent in Maritime Studies would be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Excellent knowledge of English Language. Knowledge of Russian or Arabic would be an advantage.
- Have a very strong team value work ethics and be able to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent MS Office skills
The duties and functions require the incumbent to be in group headquarters in Cyprus.
Email your resume to:
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Ναυτιλιακές Εταιρείες
Λεμεσός, Λευκωσία, Λάρνακα, Πάφος, Αμμόχωστος