Cyprus Job Market
On behalf of our Client, we seek to recruit a high calibre professional for the position of Chief Accountant, to be based in Nicosia.
Reporting to CFO the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating the accounting activities, for supervising the day to day operations of the accounting department and for providing guidance and support to his/her team in order to ensure maximum performance. More specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for the:
- Processing and monitoring all accounts payable and accounts receivable and taking appropriate action
- Reviewing invoices issued to clients, suppliers and associates to ensure accuracy
- Monitoring the reconciliation of creditors and debtors and related bank statements
- Reviewing payroll in a timely and accurate manner, including social insurance deductions
- Timely preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts and cash-flow management reports
- Timely tax payments and tax returns preparation in compliance with the local legislation
- Preparing business activity report and variance analysis reports as required and in support for the various business units
- Maintaining effective internal controls and ensure compliance with professional standards, applicable laws and regulations and company policies
- Liaising with external advisors for day-to-day business issues (e.g. auditors, lawyers, bankers) and with financial institutions/banks
- Supporting the CFO in the development and implementation of policies, priorities and processes in relation to the financial management activities
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or in a related field
- Professional qualification ACA/ACCA/CPA will be considered as an advantage
- Proven track record and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in the Manufacturing sector
- Working knowledge of Navision ERP software will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English languages, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective management skills and ability to provide direction to his/her team
- Organisational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
The company offers an attractive remuneration package, based on qualifications and experience.
Submission of applications no later than 16th November 2020.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
People and Change Services
Applications are to be directly submitted through KPMG’s website
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Λογιστικά / Ελεγκτικά γραφεία