ICAP Recruitment Solutions
Our client is the world’s leading b2b neobank, publicly listed on the Australian Securities and Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ASX : ISX). Their services include eMoney, payments and identity verification, which all revolve around optimizing the online payment journey in a seamless and secure way.
Their vision is to continue bringing together payments and identity into a seamless, secure and rapid experience for consumers and merchants alike, enhancing trust, confidence and online safety for all parties.
They are looking for a Client Onboarding KYC Specialist. The successful candidate should be able to perform duties under general supervision, applying knowledge of credit risk guidelines, within fundamental concepts, practices and procedures and demonstrate a high level of autonomy and independent judgment in making decisions and interacting effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, clients and business partners.
- Compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including audit requirements, confidentiality, AML/CTF, information security and data privacy of the Company’s customers and end users.
- Administration of the initial on-boarding and ongoing operational merchant due diligence and card scheme compliance.
- Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts.
- Ensuring merchants are on-boarded according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Contacting merchants, requesting, gathering and checking completeness of all merchant due diligence data, information and/or documentation required per Company Procedures.
- Verifying the data, documents and information including checks of merchant incorporation status via company house/company registrar, regulators, specialist databases and public access databases.
- Identifying and verifying persons of significant control, including beneficial owners.
- Identifying and verifying that merchants have appropriate licensing to operate in AML/CFT regulated sectors, including checking the status of the license, any geographical limitations set by regulators on operators, fines and/or sanctions imposed.
- Recording merchant status for on-boarding and go live as well as keeping accurate records at termination to ensure records are always up to date.
- Setting up accurate and precise filing systems whether soft / hard copy, according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Carrying out merchant on-boarding checks on websites (where appropriate) including ghost shopping and investigation of merchant compliance to card schemes and where relevant, regulators.
- Summarizing status and compiling the above into pre- agreed formats for review by the Chief Risk Officer, the AMLCO and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Updating the above on an annual basis for each merchant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or other related field
- 3+ years underwriting merchant accounts.
- Prior merchant services, client onboarding or underwriting experience.
- Solid analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills, good communication skills and negotiation ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with our client and business partners.
- Industry leading salary
- Private health insurance
- Equity/share-based scheme of company stock
- Subsidized in-house lunch
- Continuous personal development and travel opportunities