The Company is looking for a motivated and experienced Compliance Officer to ensure that their business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines. Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the Compliance Officer will be responsible for managing the compliance framework including drafting policies, monitoring and training.
- Ensure the Company’s overall compliance with the regulatory framework, anti-money laundering legislation, standards and relevant regulations and directives.
- Ensure the Company remains up-to-date with relevant regulatory changes.
- Assist with drafting and updating Company policies.
- Provide ongoing advice and guidance to the business on compliance matters.
- Conduct formal training on regulations.
- Provide oversight of the treatment of borrowers, complaints handling, corporate governance, fitness and probity, and oversight of outsourced service providers and data protection.
- Assist with planning the compliance monitoring programme on a risk-based approach.
- Proactively audit the processes, practices, policies and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Track the implementation and success of recommendations or measures taken in response to reviews.
- Prepare reports for the Regulatory Authorities, the Board of Directors and the Management as appropriate.
- At least 4-6 years of professional experience in a similar role.
- BSc/BA in law, business administration or a related field is desirable.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Integrity and professional ethics.
- Organised, commercially minded, bright and fast learner, with flexible attitude and able to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload, while being part of a motivated team.
- Fluent in English and Greek language, both verbal and written, and highly effective communication skills.