CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding Global Financial Services company, we are seeking to recruit a Data Protection Officer to join their team of professionals. The successful applicant will possess 4+ years experience in data protection, preferably within the financial industry.
- Act as point of contact for the Data Protection Authorities.
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities.
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company.
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels.
- Maintain records of processing operations.
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases).
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies.
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations.
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches.
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for employees.
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Relevant academic degree (B.A/M. A) in Data protection, Law or Information Security.
- 4+ years’ experience in data protection.
- Work experience in data protection in the financial industry is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws.
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferrable.
- Familiarity with IT security systems.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.