Cyprus Job Market
We are currently looking for Database Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the deployment, administration, operation and backup of databases in infrastructure area, as well as installation and configuration of software, monitoring tools.
- Install/deploy databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, …)
- Ensure databases are healthy and highly available
- Ensure database maintenance tasks are done on time
- Ensure minimal issues and incidents by overseeing database operations and planning / support of maintenance activities.
- Resolve performance issues and create root cause analysis report.
- Ensure clear and early communication with relevant parties to keep them informed of progress, issues, and difficulties.
- This position requires On-Call rotation for off peak hours and is expected to cover out of hours maintenance activities when required.
- Monitors database for any alerts and take the proper actions accordingly
- Make sure to have a valid backups for all databases
- Will follow all written procedures, designs and Work Orders, and will assist the Infrastructure Operational Manager as requested.
- Provide support and instructions in his/her areas of expertise to the all company departments, partners and vendors.
- Performs weekly/monthly/quarterly reports as requested
- Reports on performance, utilization and usage of resources as requested
- BSc in Computer Science, MIS, Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience in database administration
- Good communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Solid technical background
All interested candidates should send their CVs to stating the job title in the subject line. Applications close on 22 February 2020.
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Τηλεπικοινωνία / Internet
Epic is one of the largest telecommunication providers in Cyprus. It provides integrated mobile and fixed telephony, internet and pay-TV services as well as specialized ICT solutions for businesses…