Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for automating and maintaining complicated installations none production and production environments and process of software development and testing.
What will your job look like?
- You will drive the automation of multiple parts of infrastructure and deployment systems, striving to improve and shorten processes to enable engineering and operations teams work smarter and faster.
- You will collaborate with related product development teams to drive automation of configuration management, build, release, deployment and monitoring processes including team’s instruction on the developed tools.
- You will work with IT and development in order to create the integration and continuity of the code holding holistic view of their working environments.
- You will support engineering and operations teams to meet infrastructure needs.
- You will provide professional support for the developed automations, responding to incidents in an effort to avoid system outages or restore availability to meet SLAs.
- You will monitor AWS instances and other web based applications.
- You will lead the integration between product infrastructure system and Amdocs infrastructure system.
- You will design and develop infrastructure interfaces and stay abreast of industry best practices and contribute ideas for improvements in DevOps practices, delivering innovation through automation to enable standard deployable units of infrastructure through multiple environments into production.
- You will research new technology on the market.
- You will plan, design, program and implement new technology in accounts/products life cycle.
- You will participate in the planning, design, and implementation efforts
All you need is…
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Developing experience of ~3 years + IT experience:
- Experience and wide knowledge in IT operation systems.
- “At least 3 items experiences from following list:
- 2-4 years’ experience with configuration management and automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Openstack or something similar.
- 2-4 years’ experience with continuous-integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins, LiquiBase.
- 2-4 years’ experience with cloud deployment, preferably AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, VPC)
- 2-4 years’ experience in setting up continuous integration and continuous delivery systems.
- Hands on experience in build, release, deployment and monitoring of cloud based scalable and distributed systems.
- Well versed in CentOS/RedHat or other Linux distributions.
- Proficiency with monitoring tools and concepts.
- Understanding of build process, best practices and tools such as Maven.
- Familiarity with REST Services and Service Oriented Systems.
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl, Ruby, shell (bash, ksh, csh)
- Experience mentoring other team members.
- Linux administration skills with an emphasis on high availability stack configurations preferred.
- Knowledge in load balancing, distributed systems, software and network security preferred.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Deep focus and breathe of open source knowledge is required.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be have the opportunity to lead the integration between a major product infrastructure system and the Amdocs infrastructure system, driving automation helping teams work smarter and faster
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and professional development
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field