Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: :Cyprus- Limassol (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
A wonderful niche opportunity within our Data & Intelligence team where you will maintain Hadoop Clusters and monitor Datalake 1000+ Jobs for a major telecommunications customer!
What will your job look like?
- You will create a partnership with project stakeholders to provide technical assistance regarding important decisions.
- You will have basic understating of Hadoop Technologies such as Pig, Hive, Hbase, HDFS.
- You will analyze the issues on Hadoop Systems.
- You will provide Support for Upgrade of Hadoop Versions, Patching of Clusters.
- You will maintain the High Performance of the Cluster.
All you need is…
- 2+ years of Experience handling Datalake BIGData Production Operation activities.
- 2+ years of experience working on Linux/Unix System with Hadoop.
- Excellent understanding of Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Spark.
- Understanding of Hadoop Architecture.
- Extensive Experience working on Yarn.
- Hands-on experience in Oozie, HCatalog.
Good to Have:
- Exposure to Azure and Nifi.
- Handled Admin of Hadoop clusters with 500+ Nodes.
- Strong scripting skills in Linux environment.
- Proficient with a programming language, likely Java.
Why you will love this job:
- This will of the most fulfilling opportunities within the BI/DWH domain!
- You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever-growing opportunities for personal growth.