Cyprus Job Market
English Language Teacher-Afternoon (Part-time)
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Relevant degree in English Language and/or Literature
- At least 5 years of teaching experience at KET or Higher level
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language
Job Description and Duties relating to post
- To teach classes of pupils as directed by the Head of Section.
- To prepare material for classes diligently and to mark pupils’ work regularly; this will inevitably require the teacher to work outside the normal hours of work of the Institute.
- To set and mark tests and assessments as specified by the Head of Section and class scheme of work.
- To attend parent/teacher consultation meetings for all the classes taught and to give constructive verbal reports on pupils in their classes.
- To write reports upon all pupils taught, as required by The English School Institute.
- To take all possible steps to ensure that pupils develop good habits and positive attitudes.
- To maintain effective records of teaching, attendance and pupils’ attainment and progress.
- To be a constructive and professional member of one or more sections, attending team meetings and workshops as required, contributing to the development of teaching practices, and undertaking such aspects of section administration as shall be reasonably asked by the Head of Section.
- To participate constructively in the School’s Staff Review and Development Scheme according to the English School policy.
- To be present on the Institute site for scheduled classes unless permission has been given by the Head of Section or Institute secretary.
- To act, at all times, while engaged in Institute duties in accordance with The English Institute’s Code of Professional Conduct.
Completed applications and a letter of application ONLY to be submitted electronically via the employment online form, which can be found on the School’s website
Full details of the post can be found on the School’s website:
For any queries please contact the Human Resources Manager on 22 799 515
Closing date for completed applications to reach the School by 12.00 noon, 3rd April 2020
Note: The English School Institute is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate criminal records checks. Questions regarding safeguarding of children will be asked during the interview.
Any canvassing will disqualify
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Εκπαιδευτικά Κέντρα / Φροντιστήρια
The English School exists to promote academic excellence through high quality processes of teaching and learning…
αναρτήθηκε πριν 3 ημέρες
αναρτήθηκε πριν 3 ημέρες
αναρτήθηκε πριν 9 ημέρες