Cyprus Job Market
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities, united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
As the importance and complexity of indirect taxes continues to grow, organisations look to us to help them cope with increasing levels of regulation, legislation and business risk. Our indirect tax professionals work with a wide diversity of businesses and are given the opportunity to offer advice on many aspects of indirect taxation. They are required to deal directly with clients, but also with the tax and customs authorities on behalf of our clients, thus developing both their client relationship and tax technical skills, as well as their business acumen in relation to indirect taxes, mainly VAT, customs, digital – environmental taxes, global trade and excise duties.
In order to continue the expansion of our Indirect Tax Services, we are looking to recruit high calibre individuals in the following positions:
Indirect Tax Senior Associates
- Receive professional training on the job to become a trusted indirect tax advisor
- Advise and manage indirect tax matters for clients operating in various industries in Cyprus and internationally
- Work on challenging indirect tax projects, such as due diligence projects for the sale or acquisition of businesses, indirect tax optimisation and planning projects, and indirect tax diagnostic reviews ,audits and technical dispute resolution.
- Prepare advisory opinions and facilitate compliance on the indirect tax treatment of transactions performed by organisations
Roles & Duties
- Provide exceptional advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues
- Delegate tasks and guide more junior team members with respect to assigned engagements
- Advise on technical issues and provide support to client service teams
- Become the day-to-day contact for allocated clients and provide innovative indirect tax solutions that add value to clients
- Work closely with management team members who will support and assist you in reaching your full potential
- Demonstrate an understanding and the ability to discuss increasingly complex indirect tax concepts with team members and clients
- Stay abreast with current indirect tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to unique client situations
- Prepare quality, practical and tailored solutions for each client’s tax situation
- Thoroughly and accurately analyse complex information and contribute in making quality decisions in complex and judgmental areas
- Contribute towards achieving team goals and support in the development of recommendations and implementation plans
- Involvement in Indirect Tax Policy liaison with domestic and regional institutions
- Apply technical indirect tax concepts in computations and advisory deliverables
- Participation in client workshops and educational – indirect tax go to market initiatives
- Required qualifications:
- Strong Academic Credentials (2:2 +, 7.5/10 +)
- Holding or partly qualified for a professional accounting or tax qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CPA, ADIT, ATT, CTA), or legal qualification (LPC,BPTC, Cyprus Advocate Qualification post pupillage), or holding a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Tax, Law or equivalent);
- Fluent in the Greek and English language;
- Knowledge of another language will be favourably considered;
- Motivated to pursue/continue a career in Indirect Tax in an international environment;
- Experience in indirect taxes and partial qualification in professional courses will be regarded as an advantage.
Interested candidates please send your CV to , quoting subject “Indirect Tax Senior Associates”.
All applications will be treated with complete confidentiality.
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Μη διαθέσιμο
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services with about 270,000 people in over 150 countries…