Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – Yes
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
VUBIQUITY, part of the Amdocs Media division, connects content owners and video distributors to deliver media to viewers on any screen. Working with 600+ leading film studios, television networks, independent producers and digital first networks, VUBIQUITY brings premium content to over 1,000 global video distributors. VUBIQUITY has teams in Los Angeles, Toronto, Cyprus and London.
Our Java Leam Lead will be responsible for leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide input to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations.
- You will provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes
- You will analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team and build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders
- You will enforces quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and takes corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
All you need is…
- 6+ years of Java hands-on development experience
- Spring Framework – annotations, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
- Experience of API definition and implementation: Swagger, Restful, Queues, etc.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful services
- Excellent knowledge with object oriented design & coding standards and methodologies
- Profound insight of Java internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Multi-threading, Transaction management etc)
- Experience with agile engineering practices such as SCRUM development, DevOps, CI, Maven, Junit frameworks, Jenkins
- Self-driven and independent who is able to take responsibility and proactively carry on tasks as a self-contributor
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and with external stakeholders
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to assimilate knowledge quickly and efficiently
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Excellent communication skills with excellent verbal and written English
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team
- You will be challenged with leading the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies