Cyprus Job Market
Melco Resorts & Entertainment in Cyprus
Melco Resorts & Entertainment (Melco) is the developer and operator of the upcoming integrated resort, City of Dreams Mediterranean, which is expected to be the largest and premier integrated resort in Europe. The Company’s unique blend of design, entertainment and quality sets the company apart, making it the global leader in premium integrated resorts. As recipient of more than 650 awards international, regional and local awards, Melco’s esteemed achievements highlight the Company’s dedication to exceptional hospitality and service excellence. With its entire property portfolio honored with the top tier, Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star recognition, Melco leads among integrated resort operators in Asia. Melco’s four signature restaurants across Melco properties are honored by Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2021 with a collective total of seven Michelin-stars. With its growing international presence and approximately 20,000 colleagues globally, Melco actively contributes to the communities in which it operates. The Company values colleagues as the heart of the business and was named one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Asia” by HR Asia for two consecutive years (2019-2020). Furthermore, Melco has received numerous accolades for its contributions to the community, including being named winner of “Community Award – Asia” at 2020 Industry Community Awards and being voted “Socially Responsible Operator of the Year” at International Gaming Awards 2019.
As part of Melco, City of Dreams Mediterranean will be driven by the Company’s commitment to excellence. It is set to be a world-leading integrated resort and landmark for Cyprus and the wider region, offering a range of attractions and entertainment options including luxury accommodation, fine dining, recreation and MICE facilities. City of Dreams Mediterranean is set to boost tourism in Cyprus, attracting an additional 300,000 tourists annually and contributing significantly to alleviate seasonality. During the construction phase, City of Dreams Mediterranean is expected to create an estimated 4,000 local job opportunities, and approximately 2,500 permanent jobs once open.
Melco also operates Cyprus Casinos in Nicosia, Ayia Napa, Paphos, Larnaca and Limassol.
The Senior Analyst, AML monitors transactions and identifies potential AML related risks which are reported to the AML Manager. He/ she will assist the management of the department in analysing the data and providing pertinent conclusions on the level of implementation of the AML Compliance program.
- Analyses financial information and reports as directed or as part of a continuous audit/monitoring review
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments regarding customer activity as well as data variances and resolutions
- Ensures compliance with all current AML laws and regulations appropriate for Cyprus Casinos
- Maintains a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends
- Maintains the risk management framework for products and services, clients and customers, and other issues relating to money laundering and ensures all customers are categorized correctly.
- Ensures correct procedures are applied to all medium and high-risk customers, including further investigation and completion of world-check
- Assists Cage Department when required in the completion of further world-check investigations
- Ensures all relevant customers are categorized correctly
- Ensures the correct documentation is received in respect of KYC procedures
- Identifies and report to AML Manager/ HOD all customers required to provide source of funds / wealth in line with enhanced due diligence procedures, and take appropriate measures to obtain the documents
- Monitors any unusual activities and transactions and reports to AML Manager / HOD
- Briefs and reports to Senior Management on matters relating to internal AML concerns
- Ensures detailed and prompt investigation of all AML/CTF incidents and cases
- Obtains documentary proof of suspicious transactions and ensures effective record keeping of suspicious transaction identified
- Investigates and assesses alerts for potential money laundering risks
- Conducts daily monitoring of client’s transactions according to approved internal policies and procedures
- Oversees and implements an ongoing AML training program for other employees
- Assists the AML Manager and HOD in the training and supervision of Associates, AML; supports and coaches daily the team in relation to their duties
- Performs any other duty as allocated by the Senior Management in his/ her area of responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar relevant position with a regulated financial industry: Audit/Compliance/ Business Analyst
- Exposure to high volume transaction monitoring will be considered a plus
- Experience within Gaming/ Betting industry is highly regarded
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education level
- Diploma in Anti Money Laundering or related field will be distinct advantage.
- Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) or International Compliance Association (ICA) would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent command of English language; Good command of Greek language is an advantage;
- Exceptional analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Very good presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent command of Excel
- Very good understanding of AML law, legislations, issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
- Displays a high commitment to delivering results
- Inspires others to achieve business objectives
- Communicates effectively
- Achieves agreed objectives and accepts accountability for results
- Displays the highest level of integrity
- Ability to maintain discretion
To apply, please click here:
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Καζίνο
Melco Resorts & Entertainment in Cyprus Melco Resorts & Entertainment (Melco) is the developer and operator of the upcoming integrated resort, City of Dreams Mediterranean, which is expected to…