City: Limassol, 02, CY
Company: Amdocs, Inc.
Job ID: 65935
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
VUBIQUITY, part of the Amdocs Media division, connects content owners and video distributors to deliver media to viewers on any screen. Working with 600+ leading film studios, television networks, independent producers and digital first networks, VUBIQUITY brings premium content to over 1,000 global video distributors. VUBIQUITY has teams in Los Angeles, Toronto, Cyprus and London.
As a .NET Developer, you will work as part of a dedicated team working with the latest industry technologies to securely deliver premium video content and metadata to a range of consumer devices.
What will your job look like?
- You will review and analyze platform requirements, create design and estimates
- You will collaborate with other developers and architects to create effective solutions
- You will research emerging technologies and techniques
- You will work with QA/test engineers to create unit tests and test strategies
- You will generate documentation
- You will help troubleshoot issues.
- You will use Cloud based continuous integration and deployment to automate the releasing of code and services into a globally distributed platform.
- You will work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality and understanding throughout the software development lifecycle
All you need is…
- 3-5 years of proven work experience using Microsoft .NET C# and ASP.NET
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks (SCRUM) and using Test Driven Development
- Familiar with Cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience of using online source control and code repositories e.g. Visual Studio Online (Team Server), GitHub
- Experience with developing Web applications and services using ASP.NET MVC, APIs and .NET Core
- Familiar with the principles of RESTful interface design
- Strong critical thinking skills, an analytical mind, and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA (preferably in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related field)
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with design and develop new software applications
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies