NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The Project Manager plans, schedules, monitors, evaluates and directs projects to ensure a complete business solution is implemented. The Project Manager serves as part of the Project Management team, and plays a supporting role on client engagements and may be fully responsible for leading a large project or a portfolio of small projects.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum three years management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with customers
- Hands-on experience with project management tools
Able to work across time zones as a remote team on a global scale
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.