CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding Global Financial Services company, we are seeking to recruit a Regulatory Accountant to join their team of professionals. The successful applicant will ideally be a full member of a relevant accounting body (ACCA/ACA/CPA) and must have previous experience with preparing and submitting ICAAPs and capital adequacy returns.
The Regulatory Accountant will be reporting to the CFO and will be primarily responsible for all regulatory reporting and CASS requirements for two FCA regulated entities. There will also be the opportunity for projects to improve system utilization and business intelligence.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly CySec returns.
- Capital adequacy compliance and planning.
- Monthly Client Money returns.
- Client Money oversight including review of daily client money rec and management of CASS Resolution Pack.
- Annual Client Money audit.
- Periodic MOF reporting.
- Adhoc IRS withholding tax reporting.
- Working closely with the Risk department on the development of real time ICAAP and ILAA.
- Any other adhoc reporting to authorities.
- Finance cover for other UK personnel.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- ACA, ACCA, or CPA qualified is essential.
- CRV IV and/or IFR/IFD knowledge and experience preparing and submitting ICAAPs and capital adequacy returns.
- Segregated client money knowledge and experience.
- Drive and enthusiasm – a genuine desire to assist the business in achieving an ambitious growth strategy.
- Experience with a variety of Gabriel returns and Client Money knowledge.
- Strong understanding of the CySec handbook.
- Tenacious problem solving skills.
- Practical accounting knowledge.
- A positive attitude and good team-work skills .
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Good at relationship building and influencing/persuasion.
- Conscientious with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver output.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements and a commitment to improve the effectiveness of process and reporting across the Group.
- Experience in commodities industry.
- Experience with controls implementation and/or system change.
- Knowledge of various accounting standards.
- Basic understanding of FCA handbook.