a Social Worker for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Larnaca (Kofinou Camp) and Kokkinotrimithia (Pournara Camp).
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Welcoming new arrivals
- Information provision to applicants
- Individual social case management
- Assessing special needs and referral to relevant services
- Organising resident meetings
- Organising activities
- Fulfilling daily/weekly routines
- Drafting social reports and archiving sensitive data
- Participating in briefings and meetings
- Reporting to and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Updating regularly on current legislation regarding reception and international protection
- Providing appropriate support on reception matters
- Supporting residents with individual exit plans
- Holding a bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Registered with the Social Workers’ Board is preferable
- Relevant experience in reception centres for applicants for international protection or similar settings
- Good knowledge of the legal national & European framework regarding international protection (Common European Asylum System).
- Fluent in English and Greek (oral and written)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Experience in coping with potentially stressful and tense situations
- Being flexible and able to work in different settings
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Capable to work in multi-disciplinary teams in a multi-cultural environment
- Good intercultural communication skills
- Holding a driving licence and be willing to drive
- International experience is desirable
- Knowledge of languages regularly spoken by applicants is an advantage (e.g. French/Arabic)
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €26,904 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae no later than Friday, the 25th of September 2020.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Γραφεία Ευρέσεως Εργασίας
MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency, with offices in Nicosia and Limassol…