UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
Special Scientist Position (Researcher)
Title: Special Scientist Position (Researcher)
Positions: One (1)
Category: Employment with one-year contract
Place of Work : University of Cyprus, Nicosia
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one (1) full-time research position (140 hours/month) in the Department of Computer Science, the Computing Systems Lab, to investigate in the field of “Datacenter Computing Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture”. The position may lead to the acquisition of a doctoral degree.
The project «Disaggregating Persistent Memory (DIPEM)» covers a wide range of multidisciplinary topics that are in line with the recent tendencies in datacentric computing systems. It aims to investigate how disaggregating persistent memory from the processor can enable early adoption of persistent memory while retaining its performance benefits. Persistent memory is an emerging technology that combines the persistence of disks with the speed of memory, thus catering to the growing needs of data-centric applications for fast storage.
Tasks and responsibilities: * Conducting experimental research on computing systems.
- Collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Bibliographical review of the current literature.
- Writing articles for publication in conference proceedings and scientificjournals.
General qualifications & requirements: * Bachelor’s degree and/or postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering) from an accredited institution.
- Excellent system programming skills (e.g., C, C++, Rust, Python) and software development Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English language.
Additional qualifications: * Experience in topics relevant to Computing Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture
- Experience in Programming Language Runtimes
- Experience and/or participation European and/or other funded research projects Organizational skills
Terms of Employment:
The monthly gross salary, is estimated at €1423.74.. From this amount employee contributions will be deducted. There is no provision for 13th salary
For full consideration interested applicants should submit the following items via email to , no later than ΅Wednesday, 30th of June 2021, at 23:59, which will be the last date of submission of the applications, and use the email subject line:
“Application: Special Scientist Position (Researcher): DIPEM”
Applicants are requested to submit the following: * A complete curriculum vitae in English or Greek.
- A cover letter declaring their interest in their position as well as their preferred date for commencing employment Brief review of research/academic work, as well as a brief description of future scientific plans (up to 2 pages). Proof of their qualifications (Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc) The names and contact information of two people who will be willing to provide references Complete contact information
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU)
- Cook for Russian cuisineSlavianka Bakery
- CashierCyprus Job Market
- Junior AuditorCyprus Job Market
- Junior AuditorCareerFinders
- AuditorCyprus Job Market
- AML & Accounting ExecutiveCareerFinders
- Customer Support Agent (Spanish Speaking)Cyprus Job Market
- AccountantStaffMatters Recruitment
- Russian Speaking Sales ManagerGolden Careers
- Client Relationship Manager - EM190easyMarkets
- ACCA/ACA Trainees (2021 Intake)Cyprus Job Market
- Audit ManagerStompin Ltd
- Senior AccountantCyprus Job Market
- Senior AuditorStompin Ltd
- Qualified Accountants (Seniors), Business Process Solutions Department - Nicosia/LimassolLimassol