As a global organisation, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) operates in over 150 countries and territories tending and conserving the cemeteries and memorials of men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the First and Second World Wars.
With a workforce of over 220 staff, the Mediterranean Area (MA) has responsibility for the cemeteries and memorials in 33 countries around the Mediterranean Basin from Northern Italy to Sudan and from temperate to arid zone desert climates.
About the role:
This is a trainee management post and the successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplined team. The management trained position will provide the candidate with employment to gain practical experience and an understanding of the horticultural operations within the CWGC. The role is designed for individuals desiring a professional career at senior level in horticulture. Applicants should enjoy physical activities and be prepared for working outdoors through the seasons within MA and should ideally have experience working and travelling in the region.
Initially supporting and assisting the Regional Managers you will have responsibility for the execution and co-ordination
of horticultural maintenance and renovation work within the region and to represent the Commission. You will ensure sustainable management of our historic estate with a conservation-based approach. You will be responsible for the implementation of organisational policy, including approved working practices, health and safety procedures, people management, environmental and Commission policies relating to conduct and behaviour. The transition period from trainee to Horticultural Manager will be 2 years.
What we can offer you:
- 23 days annual leave (increased up to 30 days with length of service)
- Paid public holidays, plus a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Provident Fund 10% Employer Contribution
- Private Medical Health Cover
- Training and Development
- Professional subscriptions where relevant
- Degree/qualification in landscape architecture or recognised horticulture/land-based industry or 2 years of experience in a supervisory role in one of these fields
- High level of written and spoken English language, other languages are desirable particularly Arabic/Italian/French
- Great communication skills are essential
- A dynamic approach to delivering great results in a sometimes politically challenging region where cultural awareness and sensitivity are essential.
- Microsoft office including outlook
- Knowledge of Health and Safety best practices is desirable
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Full and clean driving licence
How to apply:
Please visit our website and select the Trainee Horticultural Manager, Cyprus position and see the instructions on how to apply. You will then need to click and complete the application form. Kindly send the completed application form, together with your CV and cover letter of 250-500 words describing why you wish to undertake this trainee role to .
11 November 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in accordance with our job applicant privacy notice, available upon request. The CWGC is an equal opportunities employer.
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Μη διαθέσιμο
αναρτήθηκε πριν 2 ημέρες
αναρτήθηκε πριν 5 ημέρες