Cyprus Job Market
We are a team of curious minds on a mission to revolutionise the way in which large-capital projects are designed and delivered. Together, we will enable organisations across all domains to deliver what was before, impossible. Our founders include an Astrophysicist turned Executive from BAE Systems, and an Engineer turned to a Complexity Scientist from Bristol University and Stevens Institute of Technology. Our team is composed of PhDs and technical experts across state-of-the-art technologies, creating a stimulating and exciting environment to work in.
We were incubated in late 2018 at London’s Entrepreneur First and are supported by world-class Venture-Capital funds and angel investors, including the backers of some of Europe’s deep tech unicorns (UiPath, TransferWise and Revolut) and the inventor of Amazon’s Alexa. We are part of University of Oxford’s Creative Destruction Lab and regularly collaborate with leading universities across the globe.
What we’re building
We are developing a cloud-based platform that enables decision makers to utilise sophisticated analytics to reduce risk in the delivery of large-capital projects (e.g., construction, aerospace, defence). Our objective is to provide users with previously-unattainable insights, at an unprecedented speed and ease, whilst promoting collaboration and information sharing between their team members. To do so, we are working with some of the biggest organisations in the world incl. Rolls Royce, BAE Systems, Jacobs and Kier.
With Nodes & Links we want to make sense of our interconnected world and how that challenges the delivery of ambitious projects. To do so, we are hiring our core team to grow this knowledge-space and develop our product. This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded and ambitious start up in a dynamic and mission-driven environment.
The Technology team in Nodes & Links is composed of two cross-functional teams that work on our ecosystem:
Discovery Team -The mission is to grow our capability on statistical inference, large-scale simulation and predictive modelling. The objective is to uncover patterns and hidden truths within customer data; this activity will be driven by both customer requirements and our own insights and initiatives. The end-goal is to endow new, and/or support existing, capabilities within the ecosystem.
Machinist Team – The mission is to create an ecosystem that enables customers to make critical decisions to improve project performance. The objective is to architect, develop and support a cloud-based ecosystem in a secure and scalable way; this activity will be driven by customer requirements and in communication with the Discovery team. The end-goal is to release a first working version of our product.
We are a knowledge-first company with a strong belief on the value of finding the right balance between R&D and commercialisation. We will continuously challenge ourselves to grow and improve our technical expertise, at a world leading level, whilst improving the usability and fluidity of our product.
This position is for a UX/UI Designer, working across both Discovery and Machinist teams.
You will be spearheading our effort in transforming our analytic-heavy product to something that non-sophisticated professionals can use.
You should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and complex workflows. As a UX/UI designer, you will be an advocate for the user, working to shape experiences by creating useful, meaningful user journeys that help users complete the task at hand. You will shape the overall customer experience and be an integral part of the team that is constantly striving towards reducing customer effort and uncovering new insights.
You will be an integral part of the product development process, driving the delivery of a compelling value proposition to the user, across the entire product lifecycle:
- Understand business requirements (and any technical limitations)
- Conceive and conduct user research (e.g., personas) and translate them into scenarios, user flows, customer journeys, wireframes and prototypes
- Turn user problems into simple and functional UX solutions
- Make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain users
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
- Own the UX/UI vision, and contribute to high-level product decisions with the rest of the team
We believe that personal growth and skill development is a continuous process. Hence, you should feel comfortable in acknowledging limitations to methods and approaches that you have already mastered, and feel confident for exploring, identifying and learning new methods.
This is an incredible opportunity for a creative individual to play a key role in our product, helping us support some of biggest companies in the world.
- A passion for creating delightful user experiences, with an eye for detail
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with an internal project without close supervision
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related UX/UI degree
- +3 experience as a product designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research)
- Track record of iterative design, working closely with business and technological teams
- Expertise with standard prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Figma, Framer or a functional equivalent
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience with UX designs for complex workflows
- Experience in designing and launching new v1 products
- Excellent communication, presentation, business writing and storytelling skills.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or a functional equivalent
- Basic CSS Preprocessing Languages such as LESS and/or SCSS
- Work with a team of smart, passionate and dedicated individuals
- Stimulating environment, where innovation is just a spark away
- Well-connected location that’s easy to reach from wherever you live
- Flexible working arrangements, including 1-2 days remote working
- Relocation package (if outside of CY/GR)
- Annual Salary €30k – €42.5k
- Stock options: 0.1% – 0.25%
We are building Angular 8 SPA web applications based on the Material Design principles, leveraging powerful third party visualisation libraries to display and analyse complex datasets (e.g., D3, ThreeJS, CytoscapeJS and ECharts). The application communicates via API with the AWS-hosted server less backend services. We use Github for source control and issue tracking, along with Zendesk to capture customer-led issues.
ΚΛΑΔΟΣ ΑΠΑΣΧΟΛΗΣΗΣ: Start Up
We are a team of curious minds on a mission to revolutionise the way in which complex projects are designed and delivered…