- Supervise, review and guide the Verification Department and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain, review and handle customer accounts, following the relevant policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Carefully review and validate customer account opening for both individual and corporate customers, keeping accurate and updated records.
- Identify, examine and report suspicious activities related to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Prepare regulatory submissions and ensure the timely reporting of information to regulatory authorities.
- Implement a risk-based approach policy and procedures in relation to compliance and AML issues.
- Keep up to date with new rules, guidelines, updates and relevant regulatory developments.
- Keep all relevant manuals, including operation manuals and other documentation up to date suggesting actions for improvement.
- Coordinate with the Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer regarding the implementation and improvement of internal KYC management and compliance procedures.
- Escalate potential issues to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer.
- University Degree or College Diploma in a relevant field.
- The Advanced Certification of the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission will be considered a strong plus.
- Relevant experience of 3 years in a similar role will be considered an advantage
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in any one of the following languages: Arabic, German, Spanish, Italian.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Dynamic, hands-on and results driven.
- Commercial orientation and awareness with strong organizational skills.
- Practical approach in understanding and applying regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously.
- Team player.
- Computer literacy and ability to work simultaneously with a variety of systems.