In order to be eligible for unemployment benefits in Cyprus, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You must have been legally employed in Cyprus between the ages of 16 and 63, or 64 and 65 but not yet qualify for old-age pension.
2. You must not be self-employed (self-employed individuals cannot receive unemployment benefits).
3. You must have been insured for at least 26 weeks up to the date of unemployment, and paid social insurance contributions for those months.
What should you do to be registered for unemployment benefits.
You have to send an email at:
Limassol [email protected]
Nicosia [email protected]
Larnaca [email protected]
Paphos [email protected]
The email should contain:
1. Title “Request for registration as unemployed”
2. In the body of the letter you should include the following information
A. Your name
B. Your ID Number or ARC
C. Your telephone number
D. The name of your last employer
E. Termination letter
An officer from the Labour Office will contact you soon for the completion of your registration.
In case if you did not receive a call within 2 working days, please call
Please note, that the Department of Labour will forward new registrations of unemployment to the Social Insurance Service for the processing of Unemployment Benefits applications.